Friday, November 15, 2019

 I learned...
*Maple Ridge School is having a FUNDraising event at Chapters on November 26th (please see invitation in backpack)
*there is only a half day of school on Thursday, November 21st and no school on Friday, November 22nd (conferences)
*about the meaning of a fulcrum (ask me how we used a fulcrum)
*that I really, really, really need to think about my simple machine problem that I will work to solve in the weeks to come

Ask Me About...
*the station work we have been working on in Science
*my 2nd session of Follow Your Passion and details about what we did
*my field study to Telus Spark on Tuesday
*my plant life cycle rubric that is located in my backpack
*the guest speaker we had on Wednesday
*my gear stations yesterday
*how I behaved with the guest teacher yesterday

Students will be coming home with their Plant Life Cycle rubric today. You will see the assessment markings from myself (green highlighter) and from themselves (circles/checkmarks). Please have a conversation around this assessment and discuss ways in which your child can improve on their next inquiry project. This rubric gives students feedback on the areas that they can improve upon in the future. These plant life cycle projects will be on display during conferences next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Plan

Learning Plan – March 31 -April 3     Personal Challenges (each week students set a personal goal)   At the beginning of e...